Avri had her first big friend birthday party on Saturday. It was an ice cream theme, and I had been planning and preparing for well over a month. I had grand ideas and was forcing my non-creative, non-party planning self to be a bit more ambitious than comes naturally. Well, it wasn't exactly as I dreamed, but it still turned out pretty good and Avri and her cute little friends had a blast, so I guess it was a success!
{I forgot to take a picture of the table when I was done adding everything. Oh well. And shout out to James for making the ice cream cone balloons for me.}
We started the party with one of Avri's favorites, Freeze Dance. I am kicking myself for not getting video too--the girls were busting some pretty serious moves!
After that it was Pin the Cherry on the Ice Cream Cone.
Next was an ice cream cone relay.
The last game was Roll-a-Cone. Each number on the dice corresponded with a part of an ice cream cone (cone, scoop, sprinkles, etc). They took turns rolling until they had rolled each number to build their cone.
After the games it was time for ice cream!! We sang to Avri, and then let the girls create their own sundaes.
Then of course it was time for presents. Avri was spoiled and got so many fun things!! We are so grateful to her friends, and for Grandma Sherry and Sawyer who were able to come celebrate!
Avri has mentioned several times that she wanted a magnifying glass, so Emery gave her one
The girls: Emery, LuLu, Miranda, Dylann, Sydnee, Tyann, Lacey, Paige, Sawyer, Avery, Avri, Lindy....and Claire. :)
Avri & Grandma

4 comments:
Great job on the party, Bree! Happy Birthday Avri!!
That looks so fun! I'm super impressed with everything you came up with and how many girls you entertained!!! I will most likely never be the mom to throw a party like that! :/ Happy Birthday Avri!! I can't believe how different she looks in those pictures of her in the other post. She's starting to change a ton but still cute as ever!!
Looks like loads of fun for everyone. Great work, Bree! So glad Avri could celebrate her birthday in such fun fashion.
You planned a fun, fun, party, Bree! Your ideas were darling and I could see Avri felt very special. You are an amazing mom.
Post a Comment