Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I had a nice and relaxed Mother's Day. James took care of all the cooking and cleaning and let me take a nap after church. Later in the day we went on a walk on a new trail, and just enjoyed being together.

Motherhood is such a wonderful, tiring, humbling, frustrating, and rewarding journey. Some days I want to give up and wonder why in the world we had any children...and other days I just feel overwhelmed with love and gratitude for my beautiful girls. They see me as "The Best Mom Ever"...I have no idea how they are able to look past all my weaknesses, but they do and they love me despite it all. Motherhood is a lifelong learning and growing experience. I'm so grateful for the lessons my children teach me...patience, forgiveness, enjoying the small things, unconditional love, faith, optimism, etc... They can sure drive me nuts, but I love those little faces and bright blue eyes so very much!! I hope someday I can live up to the title "Best Mom Ever", but for now I'll take it one day at a time and try to enjoy the moments a little more. :)




James bought me a pot of Gerber Daisies. He picked this pot because one of the flowers had a heart center! So cool!

1 comment:

D said...

Such great pictures of all the girls. The first two are definitely favorites for me. You are all beautiful!